[iOS 17] How to Fix iPhone Can't Make or Receive Calls After Update
Though system updates can enhance the user experience and bring new features, there is a potential for unintended issues to occur. One of them is that iPhone can't make or receive calls after updating to iOS 17. It can be quite frustrating since the phone call feature is one of the fundamental functions.
If you are facing this issue, rest assured that there is nothing to worry about. We provide effective solutions that are likely to resolve the issue appropriately. Keep reading!
- Part 1: Why iPhone Won't Make or Receive Calls After Update to iOS 17
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Can't Make or Receive Calls After Update to iOS 17
Part 1: Why iPhone Won't Make or Receive Calls After Update to iOS 17
Before we dive into solutions, let’s see the common reasons. When your iPhone can’t make or receive calls after the update, there are a few possible factors:
1. Your iPhone is not in a good signal.
2. Airplane Mode is on. It disables all wireless connections on your iPhone.
3. The Carrier Settings may not be compatible with the new software version.
4. Your personalized settings may have changed.
5. Software glitches arise.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Can't Make or Receive Calls After Update to iOS 17
Method 1: Check iPhone Settings
When you can't make or receive calls after update to iOS 17, check the settings below:
1. Ensure that your iPhone is getting network coverage.
2. Then turn Airplane Mode on and off.
3. The Do Not Disturb function should be turned off as well.
4. If these are all going well, check for any blocked phone numbers: Open Settings and go to Phone. Then click on Call Blocking & Identification.
5. Back to the page of Settings > Phone, turn off Call Forwarding. And makes sure that Silence Unknown Callers is off. They can make your iPhone cannot receive calls.
Method 2: Restart Your iPhone
Restarting is a common solution to fix various issues. It can resolve temporary glitches and ensure that the update is completely implemented. iPhone XS and later, iPhone SE (2nd generation and later) can work with iOS 17. Here are the steps to restart them:
Restart iPhone XS or later
1. Press and hold the volume down button and the side button until you see a power-off option slider.
2. Drag the slider. Then wait 30 seconds for it.
3. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation)
1. Press and hold the side button.
2. Release it when the power-off slider appears. Then drag it to turn off your iPhone.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then press and hold the side button to turn the iPhone on.
Method 3: Reset Network Settings
The next entry is resetting network settings. It will refresh the settings and bring them back to the default state. Go to Settings and click on General. Tap on Reset and select Reset Network Settings.
Attention: VPN settings, paired hardware info, and Wi-Fi passwords will also be deleted.
Method 4: Reinsert the SIM Card
It is possible that your SIM card has an error after iOS 17 update. Remove it with the SIM ejector tool, then reinsert it carefully. This simple action may help resolve errors associated with the SIM card.
Method 5: Fix iPhone Can't Make or Receive Calls After Update to iOS 17 Error with TunesKit
If you find that the methods above cannot solve the problem on your iPhone, the TunesKit iOS System Recovery will be the optimal choice for you. The error iPhone can't make or receive calls after updating to iOS 17 is probably caused by system issues.
TunesKit iOS System Recovery is designed for repairing iOS system, including Apple Logo, iOS 17 Face ID not working, etc. Using this program, more than 150 system issues you may encounter can be resolved within a few clicks. Fixing most of them won't cause data loss. Additionally, your device can enter or exit Recovery Mode in one click.
Here's a detailed guide:
Step 1Connect Your iPhone to Computer
Launch TunesKit iOS System Recovery on your computer. Then connect your iPhone to it. Select iOS System Repair and click Start to begin.
Step 2Choose a Repair Mode
To fix common issues, you should select Standard Repair. It won't cause any data loss. The latter mode, which will erase your iPhone, should be considered as a last resort.
Step 3Put the iPhone into DFU Mode or Recovery Mode
You need to put your iPhone into DFU or Recovery Mode, following the on-screen instructions. If there is any trouble, go back to the main interface, and select the Enter/Exit Recovery Mode to put it into Recovery Mode in one click.
Step 4Download the Firmware Package
Confirm the device info then click the Download button. After the firmware package is downloaded, TunesKit will automatically fix the error iPhone can't make or receive calls after updating to iOS 17.
The Bottom Line
That's all about the error iPhone can't make or receive calls Error after updating to iOS 17. Five effective methods have been outlined to assist you in fixing the issue. And the TunesKit System Recovery is a reliable tool for tackling iOS system issues. Hope this post can help you resolve the problem.