5 Best Alternatives to Loom Video Recorder
Working remotely is not a new experience for most workers since the pandemic. And the instant video messaging tools play the important role in this process such as Loom video recorder.
Loom is one of the best video messaging and recording tool for people to collaborate their works to others remotely. In contrast to real-time video calls, Loom lets you record your videos and share them instantly with your team, which saves everyone time.
We are sure you have already familiar with it, but would like to learn more about the Loom alternative? You are in the right place. We will mention some of the useful and practical Loom video recorder alternatives in this post. Check them out below.
1. TunesKit Screen Recorder
TunesKit Screen Recorder is the best Loom alternative for Windows and Mac. You can use it for recording any type of screen and video in high quality on your computer as well as system audio and microphone audio. It offers three recording modes that have the ability to capture video and audio together or separately, and to export them in multiple output format options like MP4, MKV, MP3, AAC, MOV, etc. so as to be compatible with different devices. Plus, it comes with a simple cutting tool so you can trim the video recording to any length you want.
• No need for professional recording skills
• Record screen and audio simultaneously and separately
• Record any type of screen and video in high quality
• Provide a cutting tool to trim video without quality loss
• The trial version can not remove the watermark
Screencastify is another free Loom alternative. It is a simple and straightforward screen recording tool based on the Chrome extension that lets you record video, audio, and voice-over of the screen. And it encompasses an annotation tool that is perfect for making tutorials, lessons, instructions, and more. You can also edit your clips with a built-in editor and share them on any other platform you choose.
• Support annotation tools to highlight recording
• Add interactive questions at a specific time during the recording
• Edit the recording with the built-in editor
• Auto-save the recorded videos on Google Drive
• The free version can only download recordings to WEBM
• The free version can only record in 5 minutes
As an alternative to Loom video recording software, JumpShare enables you to easily share your work on its workspace to get your teammate's feedback without delay. With the desktop app, you can capture screenshots, record screens to videos or GIFs, and generate recording links to share anytime. Then the recording will be uploaded and saved to the Jumpshare website automatically, and you can see how many people or teammates watched the recording after you share it.
• Screenshot and GIF capture
• Up to 4K recording quality
• Auto-generate a link for you to share
• The free version can only record in 30 seconds
• Lack of video editing feature
Kapwing takes its place among the many free Loom alternatives with its web-based and powerful editing capabilities. It is also capable of recording video, audio, webcam, and voice-over in high quality. But it's not just a single recording tool, it has editing features that allow you to edit the recorded video in a variety of ways, such as trimming the video, adding subtitles, text, watermarks, transitions, plug-ins, etc. Then you can export the recording to MP4, GIF, JPEG, and MP3.
• Free and web-based
• Support recording screen, audio, microphone, and webcam
• The free version can export 3 times videos without a watermark per month
• Feature a variety of editing options
• The trial version can only record screens for up to 15 minutes
• The trial version can not export the recording in 1080p+ resolution
5. OBS Screen Recorder
Among the best Loom alternative, OBS, or Open Broadcaster Software, is free and open-source live streaming and recording software that allows you to do more than what is offered by other products. With the ability to stream from multiple sources, including audio devices and video game consoles, it stands out from the crowd.
With OBS Studio, you can live stream on the media website or record multiple sources simultaneously, like video, webcam, text, image, and more. And it features a real-time screen monitor that you can check the recording content for adjusting.
• Free and open-source
• Support live streaming and video recording in high quality
• Support remuxing recording like MKV to MP4
• Can be used on Windows, macOS, and Linux
• The UI may confuse the beginner
• Lack of video editor
Loom video recorder makes your work easier and more convenient, and so do the Loom alternatives. These 5 alternative to Loom all can use for making great video recordings. They vary in their features and functions which can meet different commands from people. Choosing the most appropriate option really depends on your specific requirements. Anyway, we hope this post will be of use to you.