6 Effective Ways to Fix Screen Time Limits Not Working
When you have configured app limits using the Screen Time feature on your iOS device, the system should enforce these restrictions and prevent any attempts to surpass the designated usage time. However, if you find that you're able to exceed these limits, it likely indicates a malfunction with the Screen Time feature. To address this problem, you will need to troubleshoot and resolve the issue to ensure that the Screen Time limits are effectively enforced. The guide below will assist you in fixing Screen Time limits not working issue on your iPhone & iPad.
- Part 1: Why Are Screen Time Limits Not Working?
- Part 2: How to Fix Screen Time Limits Not Working?
- Part 3: Conclusion
Part 1: Why Are Screen Time Limits Not Working?
If you're finding that screen time limits are not working, there could be several reasons behind this issue. Here are some common explanations.
1. Software Glitches: Sometimes, the software that manages screen time limits can have bugs or glitches that prevent it from functioning correctly. Make sure your device's operating system and any relevant apps are updated to the latest version.
2. Incorrect Settings: Double-check the settings to ensure that the limits are set up correctly. It's possible that the time limits are not configured for the right days, times, or apps.
3. Lack of Synchronization: If you're using a screen time management system that works across multiple devices, make sure that all devices are properly synchronized. If they're not, a child might be able to use a device that isn't subject to the limits you've set.
4. Inadequate Restrictions: The restrictions might not cover all the apps or types of content you intended to limit. Some apps or activities might not be tracked or limited by the screen time management system you're using.
5. Misunderstanding of Features: Ensure that you understand how the screen time limits work. Some systems might allow for "downtime" or "free time" where limits are not enforced, or they might have different settings for weekdays versus weekends.
6. Device or User Overrides: Users, especially older children or teens, may have found ways to override the limits, such as changing the time on the device, using a different device, or logging in with a different account.
Part 2: How to Fix Screen Time Limits Not Working?
Way 1. Set a New Screen Time Passcode
If the app limits on your iPhone are not working, it's possible that your children have gained access to the Screen Time settings and disabled the restrictions for certain apps. To prevent such occurrences, it's crucial to set a new Screen Time passcode on your iPhone.
Step 1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone, tap on Screen Time.
Step 2. Scroll down to find Lock Screen Time Settings option, then set a Screen Time Passcode.
Way 2. Turn On Block at End of Limit
When you specify an app usage limit on your iPhone or iPad, there are two choices. One is that when you reach the limit, you'll get an alert and ignore it. The second is that you will be blocked from using the app unless you enter a screen time passcode or exceed the limit.
If you choose the first option, you can extend time limits beyond the app's restrictions without passcode. This might be why you think of Screen Time app limits not working. To fix this issue, opt for the second option, which involves turning on the "Block at End of Limit" feature.
Step 1. Navigate to Settings, select Screen Time, and then tap on App Limits.
Step 2. Tap on Add Limit option, choose apps you wish to set a limit and then tap on Next button.
Step 3. Select the desired time limit, then enable the Block at End of Limit option by switching it on, and finally, press Add to confirm.
Way 3. Turn Off and Turn On Screen Time Feature
Restarting Screen Time feature may be helpful to fix Screen Time limits not working issue. Because it resets many of the internal elements of this feature. Here’s how to turn off and turn on Screen Time on your iPhone & iPad.
Launch Settings app, tap on Screen Time. Simply tap on Turn Off Screen Time, and enter your Screen Time Passcode to disable this feature. Wait a moment, you can tap on Turn On Screen Time to enable this feature back again.
Way 4. Set Specific Limits for Each App
Generally speaking, we implement a universal cap on screen time for all applications, but if this approach doesn't suit your needs, consider applying a limit on a per-app basis. It allows you to view the duration of use for each app, enabling you to tailor the time restrictions according to your specific usage patterns.
Step 1. Navigate to Settings and select Screen Time. Tap on App Limits.
Step 2. Tap on Add Limit, enter your Screen Time passcode, choose the app from the list you wish to set restrictions. Then tap on the Next button, you can customize the app's time limits from Monday to Sunday. And don’t forget to toggle on the Block at End of Limit option.
Way 5. Reboot your iPhone or iPad
If you're experiencing issues with Screen Time limits not working correctly on your iPhone or iPad, a reliable solution is to reboot your device. This process will refresh the system and reload all settings and applications. After performing a force restart on your device, check to see if the problem with the Screen Time limits has been resolved.
Way 6. Fix Screen Time Issues by Removing Screen Time Passcode
If your children modify the existing Screen Time passcode to one that is unknown to you, they can bypass the established time restrictions, leading you to mistakenly believe that the Screen Time limits are not working. Additionally, it's possible to forget the Screen Time passcode. In such scenarios, you can employ tools like TunesKit iPhone Unlocker, which allows you to reset the passcode on your iPhone or iPad without the need to wipe the device.
In addition to this feature, it can remove Apple ID from iPhone without password, remove MDM restrictions without jailbreaking, easily unlock the screen when you forget your lock screen password and give you full control of your device.
Why Choose TunesKit iPhone Unlocker?
- Supports all the iOS versions, including iOS 17
- Fix Screen Time app limits not working issue
- It also helps you unlock your iPad, iPod, and iPhone with ease
- It offers a 100% success rate
- Factory reset iPhone without Apple ID passcode
- Remove MDM without administrator credentials
- Compatible with Windows and macOS
The following will show you how to use TunesKit iPhone Unlocker to remove Screen Time passcode.
Step 1Connect your iOS device to PC
Ensure you have the most recent software version installed on your computer. After installation, connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable, open TunesKit iPhone Unlocker, and select Unlock Screen Time Passcode option.
Step 2Begin to remove your Screen Time passcode
Once TunesKit recognizes your device, proceed by clicking Start button to initiate the removal of the Screen Time passcode. If Find My feature is turned on your device, you must disable it to continue. Simply move to "Settings > Your name > Find My > Find My iPhone" to disable it.
Step 3Set up your iOS device again
Once removed, please proceed with the on-screen instructions to configure your iPhone & iPad to avoid any loss of data. Additionally, establish a new password that is memorable to you but unpredictable to your children.
Part 3: Conclusion
Well, then you've come to the closing part of this article. If you're encountering issues with Screen Time limits not working correctly on your iOS device, this guide offers six effective fixes to address this issue. For those who have forgotten their Screen Time passcode, TunesKit iPhone Unlocker is your best helper. It is our sincere hope that this guide proves to be beneficial for you.