"I found that my iPhone has been stuck in DFU mode since last weekend and I couldn't figure out the real reason of the problem. Is it possible to fix the iPhone in DFU mode? Any solutions offered will be appreciated."
For new users who first own an iPhone, they tend to understand everything about iPhone DFU Mode including what DFU mode is, when to use DFU mode, how to enter or exit iPhone DFU mode, etc. Actually, Default Firmware Update, abbreviated as DFU, is a systematic repair helper in restoring your iPhone or iPad. Although it has been tested effective in fixing most iOS problems and errors, yet in most cases almost all functions will not be available if the device is entered the DFU mode, and it's easily for iPhone as well as other iOS devices to get stuck in this mode.
Why does your iPhone/iPad stuck in DFU mode?
The real causes that lead to your iPhone or iPad stuck in DFU mode could may be attributed to the several following situations.
1. Hardware issues. If you mishandle your iPhone or iPad in some ways such as dropping or wetting it, then the device might be immediately landed into the DFU mode.
2. A wrong iPhone or iPad jailbreak or unjailbreak. Jailbreaking or unjailbreaking your iOS devices is a perilous process, which let your device stick in DFU mode in careless cases.
See also: Pros and Cons of iPhone Jailbreaking.
3. iOS glitches. The most likely circumstance is that some unknown bugs on your iOS or MacOS system.
4. Software downgrade error.
How to fix iPhone/iPad stuck in DFU mode?
Generally speaking, it is not hard to exit after putting your device in DFU mode. However, once your iPhone/iPad becomes stuck in the DFU mode and you may probably feel clueless on how to fix it. Now simply go along this article to get the solutions.
1. Hard Reset iPhone/iPad to Exit DFU Mode
This operation is suitable for different iPhone models in various iOS problems. Similar to exit iPhone recovery mode, you can try the method to get your iPhone/iPad out of DFU mode, too. If the problem was not resolved on the first attempt, just try doing this again. If it still doesn't work, just follow an alternative solution given in the next section.
1) For iPhone 7 or earlier, press the Wake button and Home button (Volume Down button on iPhone 7) at the same time for about 10 seconds.
2) For iPhone 8/X/XS/XR, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, and then press and immediately release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Wake button for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
3) For iPad, just hold down the Power and Home buttons in the meantime and then release them together.
2. Fix iPhone stuck in DFU Mode by iOS System Recovery Software
Now we will introduce an efficient program to help you fix the iPhone stuck in DFU mode. It is named as TunesKit iOS System Recovery, which is a professional desktop tool available on both Mac and Windows operating system instantly without risking losing any current data on your devices. This software can also help you solve other 50+ common iOS problems including white Apple logo, boot loop screen and more even if you are a non-technical person. What's more, TunesKit iOS System Recovery works for all iOS versions including the latest iOS 14 and fully supports almost all models of iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Apple TV.
Here's the step-by-step guide on how to fix your iPhone stuck in DFU mode through several clicks.
Step 1Connect iPhone to the computer
Launch the software and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. Click "Start" button to move forward. Select the "Standard Mode" and tap on the "Next" button. Choose the device model you've connected. After that follow the instructions to continue.
Notice: If you are using an iPad, the steps are basically the same as the program can also help you to solve the iPad DFU mode in no time.
Step 2Download firmware package
Confirm the info of your iPhone before the software start downloading the latest firmware package. Correct it if you find any message is wrong. Hit the "Download" button to let the program download and verify the firmware package.
Step 3Fix iPhone stuck in DFU mode
Once it completed the download process, just hit the "Repair" button and start repairing the iPhone DFU mode. Remember to keep your device connected to the computer during the recovering to avoid any further problems.
3. Restore iPhone in DFU mode via iTunes
Restoring your iPhone in DFU mode to factory settings via iTunes can also give you a hand to get out of trouble. But this will cause you all data loss after the steps presented below, if you don't mind.
Step 1: Open the latest iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad to a PC.
Step 2: When the iTunes recognizes your iPhone in DFU mode, simply click "Restore" button.
Step 3: Tap on the "OK" order to restore your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
The above is all the useful contents on how to get your iPhone stuck in DFU mode fixed. There are different advantages and disadvantages of diverse methods as some gives rise to data loss while others possess not only efficiency but also the safety like the trustworthy software TunesKit iOS System Repair. Whatever, we sincerely hope your problem could be resolved after reading this context.
- Full Guide ide - How to Put iPhone on DFU Mode
- How to Deal with iPhone Freezing Problem [Solved]
- Top 6 Solutions to Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- Top 4 Ways to Fix iPhone Black Screen Problem
- Efficient Ways to Fix iPhone White Screen of Death
- Resolved! iPhone Stuck on Apple White Logo
- 2 Quick Ways to Restore iPhone from DFU Mode