iPhone X Screen Went Black But Still Works: Best 6 Solutions
iPhone X black screen is a bug that prevents the device from turning on or restarting. It happens when an iPhone X has been shut down with a force-quit, and its display has been turned off before it could be turned back on.
Many iPhone X users complain that their device turns completely black, but it keeps vibrating, getting notifications, and calls, which seems everything working in order. However, no matter how many times they tried tapping on the screen, it is still black.
If your iPhone X screen went black but still works, this post gives you 6 effective tips to get rid of it.
- Part 1. Why iPhone X Screen Went Black But Still Works?
- Part 2. Best 6 Tips to Fix iPhone X Black Screen
- Part 3. Final Word
Part 1. Why iPhone X Screen Went Black But Still Works?
This section will help you understand the possible cause of the iPhone X black screen.
The black screen of death on an iPhone X is caused by a hardware failure with the device. This can be an issue with the screen itself, the battery, or a component of the device. You do not have to worry if the problem is due to a software glitch. You can fix the issue with solutions, as discussed in the section below.
Part 2. Best 6 Tips to Fix iPhone X Black Screen
Tip 1. Force Restart iPhone X
With the release of the iPhone X, Apple introduced a new feature called "Force restart." This is a quick and convenient way for users to restart their iPhones if they encounter unforeseen circumstances. For example, force restarting could fix the iPhone X black screen. The steps for force restart are as follows:
Press the Volume Up button and then Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button.
Once the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Once the restart is complete, your iPhone will automatically reboot.
Tip 2. Charging the iPhone X for a While
The iPhone X screen goes black but still works because of an issue with the charging or a software glitch. Therefore, charging the device for a while and checking it is the second solution to the black screen of death issue.
1. Plug the Lightning cable into a power outlet, and then plug the other end into your phone.
2. Make sure you're plugged into an open power outlet that doesn't have anything else connected to it.
3. Press the Power button on your iPhone X.
4. Wait for your iPhone X to blink its charging light.
5. After a while, check if it fixed the problem.
Tip 3. Restore iPhone X via iTunes
The best way to resolve iPhone X black screen of death is by reverting the device to the factory settings. The steps are as follows:
1. Connect the iPhone X to the computer using provided USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and allow it to recognize the device.
3. Click "Backup your iPhone to iCloud/this computer"
4. After the backup is complete, click the "Restore" button. If you see a confirmation message to reset the device to factory settings, press "OK" to confirm.
5. Once the device restores to the factory setting, iTunes will download the latest updates to the device and complete the installation.
6. Now, check if the problem persists.
Tip 4. Restore iPhone X in DFU Mode
Restoring the iPhone X in DFU mode is another solution for iPhone X black screen but vibrates. The device will update to the latest software and firmware in this mode. It is a more profound restore procedure. The steps are as follows:
1. Establish a connection between a Mac/Windows and iPhone X using a USB cable.
2. Quick press the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button.
3. Hold the slider button until you see a black screen. Then, hold the Side button and Volume Down button together.
4. Continue to hold the Volume Down button but release the Side button.
5. You will notice nothing on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
6. Now, you can restore the device.
Tip 5. Contact Apple Support
If none of the solutions stated above worked in your favor to fix iPhone X black screen but still on issue, the final option is to reach out to Apple Support.
Tip 6. Fix iPhone X Black Screen with TunesKit iOS System Recovery
As you have seen, most of the solutions discussed do not offer a fixed solution for the black screen death issue. It is here that the TunesKit iOS System Recovery tool comes to your aid. The recovery tool helps you fix any iPhone X problem without seeking assistance from Apple Support.
Whether the device is stuck in recovery mode, has a white Apple logo, becomes frozen, or keeps restarting, the recovery tool has a fix for all. In fact, there are over 150+ solutions available. TunesKit makes a recovery without losing and leaking any data during the process. It provides the users with two recovery modes: standard and advanced. You can choose the advanced mode of severe issues, but it will erase the content.
Apart from fixing iPhone X black screen problem, the TunesKit system recovery tool also helps you downgrade the device to previous versions without any data loss. You can get the device from the recovery mode in a single step and fix Apple TV problems.
What are mentioned below are the steps using the TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix iPhone stuck on the black screen.
Step 1 Connect iPhone X
To make sure your iPhone is successfully detected by the TunesKit iOS System Recovery, you should use a stable USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Click on iOS System Repair. And hit the Start button to continue.
Step 2 Select repair mode
Click Standard Repair. It can fix the black screen issue without data loss. And if standard repair cannot fix the issue for you, please back up data and go to Deep Repair, which is designed to fix those tricky issues on iPhone.
Step 3 Start to fix iPhone X black screen
Here, you can see your iPhone’s info. Check them carefully. Next, click the Download button. The firmware package will be automatically downloaded and verified on your device, then, click on the Repair button to fix the black screen. Done!
Part 3. Final Word
With the official way, like force restart, or using the effective repair tool - TunesKit iOS System Recovery, you can easily fix the "iPhone X screen went black but still works" issue. Hope this post can help you get rid of the black screen.