How to Fix iPhone X Black Screen Issue 2022
iPhone X black screen is a bug that prevents the device from turning on or restarting. It happens when an iPhone X has been shut down with a force-quit, and its display has been turned off before it could be turned back on. The cause of this bug is usually attributed to software bugs in iOS 11.1.2, which was released in December 2017.
This bug causes the device to be unusable until it's fixed by Apple, which can take days based on the severity of the concern. Today, you will learn about the reasons for the occurrence of the black screen on the iPhone and the solutions you can implement to avoid permanent damage.
- Part 1. What is the Possible Cause for iPhone X Black Screen Occurrence?
- Part 2. 6 Methods to Fix Black Screen of Death in iPhone X
- Final word
Part 1. What is the Possible Cause for iPhone X Black Screen Occurrence
This section will help you understand the possible cause of the iPhone X black screen. However, remember that there are instances when the iPhone X screen went black but still works.
The black screen of death on an iPhone X is caused by a hardware failure with the device. This can be an issue with the screen itself, the battery, or a component of the device. You do not have to worry if the problem is due to a software glitch. You can fix the issue with solutions, as discussed in the section below.
Part 2. 6 Methods to Fix Black Screen of Death in iPhone X
Tip 1. Force Restart iPhone X
With the release of the iPhone X, Apple introduced a new feature called "Force restart." This is a quick and convenient way for users to restart their iPhones if they encounter unforeseen circumstances. For example, force restarting could solve the iPhone X black screen of death. The steps for force restart are as follows:
Press the Volume Up button and then Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button.
Once the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Once the restart is complete, your iPhone will automatically reboot.
Tip 2. Charging the iPhone X for a While
The iPhone X screen went black but still works because of an issue with the charging or a software glitch. Therefore, charging the device for a while and checking it is the second solution to the black screen of death issue.
1. Plug the Lightning cable into a power outlet, and then plug the other end into your phone.
2. Make sure you're plugged into an open power outlet that doesn't have anything else connected to it.
3. Press the Power button on your iPhone X.
4. Wait for your iPhone X to blink its charging light.
5. After a while, check if it fixed the problem.
Tip 3. Restore iPhone X via iTunes
iPhone X screen went black but still works for a few. The case has been reported by many users, and they wanted to know how to fix the issue. The best way to resolve such an instance is by reverting the device to the factory settings. The steps are as follows:
1. Connect the iPhone X to the computer using provided USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and allow it to recognize the device.
3. Click "Backup your iPhone to iCloud/this computer"
4. After the backup is complete, click the "Restore" button. If you see a confirmation message to reset the device to factory settings, press "OK" to confirm.
5. Once the device restores to the factory setting, iTunes will download the latest updates to the device and complete the installation.
6. Now, check if the problem persists.
Tip 4. Restore iPhone X in DFU mode
Restoring the iPhone X in DFU mode is another solution to fix the iPhone X black screen of death. The device will update to the latest software and firmware in this mode. It is a more profound restore procedure. The steps are as follows:
1. Establish a connection between a Mac/Windows and iPhone X using a USB cable.
2. Quick press the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button.
3. Hold the slider button until you see a black screen. Then, hold the Side button and Volume Down button together.
4. Continue to hold the Volume Down button but release the Side button.
5. You will notice nothing on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
6. Now, you can restore the device.
Tip 5. Contact Apple Support
If none of the solutions stated above worked in your favor to fix iPhone X black screen death issue, the final option is to reach out to Apple Support.
Tip 6. Fix iPhone X Black Screen with TunesKit iOS System Recovery
As you have seen, most of the solutions discussed do not offer a fixed solution for the iPhone X black screen death issue. It is here that the TunesKit iOS System Recovery tool comes to your aid. The recovery tool helps you fix any iPhone X problem without seeking assistance from Apple Support.
Whether the device is stuck in recovery mode, has a white Apple logo, becomes frozen, or keeps restarting, the recovery tool has a fix for all. In fact, there are over 150+ solutions available. TunesKit makes a recovery without losing and leaking any data during the process. It provides the users with two recovery modes: standard and advanced. You can choose the advanced mode of severe issues, but it will erase the content.
Apart from fixing iPhone X black screen problem, the TunesKit system recovery tool also helps you downgrade the device to previous versions without any data loss. You can get the device from the recovery mode in a single step and fix Apple TV problems.
TunesKit iOS System Recovery
- Repair up to 150+ iOS issues
- Restore iPhone without data loss
- Support almost all iOS devices and Apple TVs
- Fix iPhone Shortcuts not working
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 16 version