Recover iPhone Lost Contacts After Update? 5 Ways Here
Regularly, the update can solve bugs of older system versions. But unfortunately, after updating, the phone may suffer from glitches. For instance, iPhone contacts were lost and nowhere to be found after iOS update. Unlike other information, contacts must be quite important for people, due to its features of helping people get in touch with others via phone numbers stored in Contacts. Most people would ask that how do I restore my iPhone contacts after an update. Just feel easy. From this tutorial, you are going to learn how to recover iPhone lost contacts after update.
Way 1: Retrieve Lost Contacts from iCloud Settings
If you have let iCloud to preserve your contacts, you can check the iCloud settings on your iPhone. This is the easiest way. Just go to Settings on your device. Scroll down to choose iCloud. You should ensure that your iCloud account is logged in. Then tap the Contacts option. The screen will show two options for what you can do about stored contacts. Choose Keep on My iPhone and then Merge. Wait for a while, and the lost contacts will be recovered on your iPhone.
Way 2: Import Contacts from SIM Card
Sometimes, you may store the contacts on your SIM card. Before trying other ways, you can check your SIM card. To do this, just go to Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts. Be patient, the missing contacts should appear on your iPhone again.
Way 3: Recover Lost Contacts Using a Powerful Tool
If the above two ways do not work well, it is necessary to resort to a professional recovery tool. It is iPhone Data Recovery Software. In the case that you have not heard or used the tool, try it and you will get benefits from it. It is reliable and safe, thus deserving your trust. Here, we’d like to introduce TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery.
TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery is a professional desktop recovery tool, which supports iPhone/iPad/iPod. It can allow you to have access to the lost data including files, photos, text messages, videos, etc. Even if your device is locked or broken, TunesKit can find out whatever you want. To recover lost contacts after iOS update, it never needs long hours. When you need to recover any lost or deleted data, TunesKit also provides three modes.
Key features of TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover data from different iOS device like iPhone,iPad and iPod.
- Retrieve data under various scenarios including mistaken deletion and software update failure.
- Restore diverse types of data like iPhone lost contacts after update, videos, photos, etc.
- Fully compatible with all iOS versions including the latest iOS 14.
- Rescue encrypted files.
- Support Previewing and selecting required data before recovery.
The following information will tell you how to recover iPhone lost contacts after update using TunesKit.
Step 1: Download and launch TunesKit on your computer. After that, use a USB to connect the device to the computer USB port. TunesKit will detect your device and then choose the Recover from iDevice icon located on the top of the screen. This mode is also frequently used.
Step 2: Next, choose the Scan button. TunesKt will scan all your lost contacts for you. Just wait for a while.
Step 3: After completing the scan process, TunesKit will show you the lost contacts. Preview those contacts and then choose what you want. Last, click the Recover button on the bottom of the interface.
Way 4: Recover from iCloud Backup
In the same vein, if you have backed up your device before updating it, you can go to iCloud. The following part will introduce the detailed steps on how to make use of iCloud Backup. But this will need to factory reset your iPhone. So just be careful.
• Before recovering iPhone lost contacts after update from iCloud backup, you should erase all your content and settings from Settings; Just tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings;
• Then, turn on your device, and you will see the Apps & Data screen. Choose and tap Restore from iCloud Backup from the screen. Now, you will need to sign in with the Apple ID and then choose Back up. Wait for a while, and the device will retrieve iPhone lost contacts after update.
One more option: TunesKiit also offers a similar mode, which is called iCloud Backup. But using TunesKit does not need to make any reset. What you only to do is to connect the device to the computer and choose Recover from iCloud Backup icon. Next, sign in with the iCloud account, and scan and recover lost contacts. Do not worry that TunesKit will steal your data.
Way 5: Recover from iTunes Backup
iTunes is a versatile program. In this situation, you can also turn to iTunes, if you confirm that you have backed up contacts. The detailed steps are as follows.
• Open and launch the latest version of iTunes or Finder on your PC or Mac, and then connect your device via a USB cable;
• After iTunes recognizes your iPhone, choose the device icon or Summary. On the page shown, select the Restore Backup option. If iTunes asks for a password, just enter it. Then, click Restore to wait for iTunes to get back your contacts.
One more option: TunesKit has the final mode. What you need to do is only three steps, From choosing Restore from iTunes Backup to scanning and recovering, you can retrieve iPhone lost contacts after update.
After reading the tutorial, you can learn five methods for recovering lost contacts after iOS update. Using the first two ways may not be workable for everyone, but TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery has 100% certainty to recover any lost data.