Many Apple users reported that the iPad touch screen not working for unknown reasons. They felt confusing for they don't know why this situation occurred on their iPad and they are seeking for some effective ways to fix their problems. If you also have the same problem, you don't need to be worried. This article will help you analyze the common situations of touch screen not working and the triggers of them. What's more, here we will provide you the full guides to fix your problem.
Part 1. The Common Situation of Touch Screen Not Working
Here are some common situations you may face when the iPad touch screen not working.
1. The touch screen responds inaccurately
2. The touch screen freezes
3. The touch screen lags
4. The touch screen has no response when you tap or press any buttons
5. The touch screen not working in some areas.
Have you been in the same situation? In the next part, we will analyze the reasons why this situation will happen to your iPad.
Part 2. Why the Touch Screen Not Working on iPad?
Multiple different reasons exist as to why your iPad's touch screen has stopped working.
1. iOS system issues: This problem is usually caused by the iOS system issues on your iPad. This is a problem that Apple users always encounter when they are using the old version of the iOS system, especially the iOS 11. So if you are still running an old version of the iOS system, your iPad will be easier to have this problem. What's more, the iOS system can also be damaged or attacked for some unknown reasons. In this circumstance, you need to use some iOS repair tool to fix it.
2. Temperature issues: If your phone has been put into the environment that the temperature is too low or high, your iPad touch screen will also have the same problem.
3. Software issues: There also could be a software issue that is happening which will cause the problem associated with one of your apps or background functions of the tablet.
Part 3. How to Fix iPad Touch Screen Not Working?
Here are the top 8 tips you can follow to fix your problem.
Tip 1. Remove the dirt on the screen
If there is some dirt on the screen, the screen cannot detect your finger or some other touch. So you should remove the dirt with a clean cloth. What's more, you should also take off the gloves and clean your hand before you press the screen. This tip seems easy, but it can also fix your problem.
Tip 2. Remove the case and screen protector
Many people like to use the case and screen protector to protect their iPad from being damaged. While simply removing an ill-fitting case or screen protector sometimes will resolve touch screen issues. So you can try to fix your problem of iPad touch screen not working properly
Tip 3. Force restart your iPad
When the touch screen freezes, you can try to force restart your iPad to fix this problem. Here are the detailed steps on force restart your iPad
To force restart an iPad with the 'Home' button, you should press and hold the 'Power' button and the 'Home' button until you see the Apple logo.
To face restart an iPad without the 'Home' button, you should press and release the 'Volume Up' button, then press and release the 'Volume Down' button, and press and hold the 'Power' button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Tip 4. Update the iOS system on your iPad
If the iOS system hasn't update on your phone, some issues on the iOS system cannot be fixed. Here are the steps to updating the iOS system on your iPad.
Step 1. Start the settings app
Step 2. Tap 'General', and then tap 'Software Update'
Step 3. If there's an update available, choose 'Download and Install'
Tip 5. Turn on Touch Accommodations
You can also try to fix your touch screen problem by turning on the touch accommodations. Here are the steps to doing this.
Step 1. Go to 'Settings'> 'Accessibility'
Step 2. Tap 'Touch Accommodations'
Step 3. Turn on 'Touch Accommodations'
Tip 6. Free up the space
iPad requires enough space to function properly, so you need to free up some space on the iPad. To free up some space, you should go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Storage'. If the storage is not enough, you need to delete the apps that you did use. You can also remove and delete some media files and photos on your iPad.
Tip 7. Use an iOS system recovery software
It's useful for you to use an iOS system recovery to fix the problems caused by iOS issues. Here I will recommend you to use TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix your problem. It can fix more than 50 iOS issues like iPhone won't update apps, the iPad won't charge. TunesKit can help you fix this problem in seconds without the complicated operation of backing up. You just need to do three simple steps and fix your problem without any data loss.
Here are the detailed steps on fixing the iPad touch screen not working with TunesKit.
Step 1.Open TunesKit and connect you iPhone to PC
First, you should open TunesKit on your computer. Then connect your phone with computer via a USB cable. After the computer has detected your phone, press 'Start'.
Step 2.Select a mode and download firmware package
TunesKit will provide you two modes. To fix the iPad touch screen, you should choose the Standard Mode first.
Note: The Standard Mode can repair the iOS system without any data loss. And if you are facing more serious issues, you can choose the Advanced Mode but it will erase all data on your phone.
You should confirm that the device info is correct before you download the firmware package.
Step 3. Recover the iOS system
After your firmware package was downloaded, then you should click the "Repair" button and the software will automatically fix your problem.
TunesKit can also help you downgrade the iOS system and fix iTunes error like iTunes error 54, iTunes error 39. It provides you the function that 1-click to enter/exit recovery mode for free. Regarded as one of the best iOS repair tools in 2020, TunesKit can fix almost all the iOS issues and meet your diverse need. More functions are waiting for you to explore, why not download it and have a try?
Tip 8. Check the hardware of your iPad
If your iPad touch screen not working in some areas, it's likely that the screen of your iPad has been damaged by something hard. It's better for you to go to a maintenance center and have a check
Part 4. Conclusion
Here are all the top 8 tips to fix the iPad touch screen not working. You can choose which tips to follow according to your own circumstance. If you still have no idea how to fix this problem after reading the instructions above, you can leave your voice below.
-  Latest Solutions to iPhone Auto-Lock Not Working
- How to Fix 'iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes' Error?
- Top 4 Ways to Fix iPhone Black Screen Problem
- Top 6 Solutions to Fix iPhone Blue Screen
- Top 5 Tips to iPhone 3D Touch Not Working
- 5 Tips to Fix iPod Touch Not Turning on Efficiently
- Top 6 Best iOS System Recovery Software in 2019
- Solved: iPad Home Button Not Working
- Fixed: iPad Sound Not Working