The article addresses the issue of iPhone volume keeps going down or adjusts itself. For instance, the phone randomly increases or lowers the sound according to the application. You will further find that the phone resets the adjustment automatically even after you have tweaked the volume. It is a vital problem, for the chances are high that you might miss important calls. If you are facing this issue, the article is for you.
- Why Does My iPhone Volume Keeps Going Down By Itself?
- How to Fix iPhone Volume Keeps Going Down?
- Method 1: Check the iPhone case
- Method 2: Plug and unplug the headphone
- Method 3: Disable the Change with Buttons feature
- Method 4: Disable Attention Aware Features
- Method 5: Turn off Bluetooth to fix iPhone volume keeps going down
- Method 6: Disable the Reduce Loud Sound feature
- Method 7: Restart the device
- Method 8: Reset All Settings
- Method 9: Use TunesKit iOS System Recovery
- The Bottom Line
Why Does My iPhone Volume Keeps Going Down By Itself?
If you face the issue of the volume buttons do not function properly on your iPhone, then it is time to begin asking a few questions.
• The first one is whether the buttons are stuck in the down position that you can no longer press them.
• The second one is whether you are noticing any changes on the screen provided that the volume buttons are functioning, and you can press them down.
How to Fix iPhone Volume Keeps Going Down?
The solution available depends on the problem that you face. Each of the issues has a different approach, and the following content below will give you all the information pertaining to the same. In the next section, you will read about how you can choose to fix my iPhone volume keeps going up and down issue.
Method 1: Check the iPhone case
In many cases, the iPhone case holds the volume button down due to the accumulation of dirt particles. The other reason is the use of cheap covers. Try removing the phone cover and check whether the phone volume keys are functioning correctly. If they are working fine, then you must replace the phone cover.
Method 2: Plug and unplug the headphone
The other way you can overcome the problem of iPhone volume keeps going down by itself is by unplugging the headphones if you are in the headphone mode. At times, the phone increases or decreases the volume if you are using a headphone. A more straightforward way to attend to the issue is by disconnecting the headphones and checking for the problem.
Method 3: Disable the Change with Buttons feature
If there is hardware damage on your iPhone Volume buttons, you may encounter this issue very frequently. In a case like this, you can stop your iPhone volume from changing by the buttons. You can do it via Settings > Sounds > and toggle off the Change with Buttons switch.
Method 4: Switch off Attention Aware Features
The Attention Aware Feature is a powerful feature of iPhone that will protect users from loud voices. If you found that your iPhone ringer volume keeps going down while enabling this feature, you can disable it via Settings > Face ID & Passcode, and toggle off the Attention Aware Features.
Method 5: Turn off Bluetooth to fix iPhone volume keeps going down
If the iPhone volume keeps going down problem only appears when you connect your iPhone to a Bluetooth device, disabling the Bluetooth feature can be a feasible method to fix it. You can disable the iPhone Bluetooth feature via Settings > Bluetooth > toggle the button to turn it off.
Method 6: Disable the Reduce Loud Sound feature
If you have enabled the Reduce Loud Sound feature on your iPhone, your iPhone may encounter the iPhone volume keeps going down issue when there is a loud sound detected. Though this feature does protect our ears in some situations, it will reduce the volume on our iPhones mistakenly.
Method 7: Restart the device
The occurrence of the issue could be due to an update to the iOS. If your iPhone ring volume keeps going down on its own, then you like to fix it immediately to avoid unnecessary troubles. However, before taking a crucial step, you may want to consider restarting the device to check whether the problem still exists. After an iOS update, iPhone faces such difficulties and restarting it will resolve the issue. The following are the restarting steps for different devices:
iPhone 8 or later:
• Press the Top or Side button until you notice the Power Slide appear on the screen;
• Select the slider and drag it to switch off the device;
• Wait for a few minutes before you hold the Power button to Power on the iPhone. Hold it until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 8 or older:
• Press both the Power and Volume Up/Down buttons together to see the slider appear on the screen;
• Once the slider appears, drag it to switch off the iPhone;
• Wait for a few minutes before you power on the unit using the power button.
Method 8: Reset All Settings
There is a possibility to fix the iPhone ringer volume keeps going down issue by resetting all settings on the iPhone. Follow the steps below to reset your iPhone and check whether the volume keeps going down automatically resolved.
• Power on the iPhone and open Settings;
• Scroll down, tap General, and search for Reset, and tap the same;
• Tap on Reset All Settings.
Method 9: Use TunesKit iOS System Recovery
You can fix iPhone volume keeps going down on its own using TunesKit iOS System Recovery. With the help of TunesKit, you can avoid technical assistance from Apple and perform/solve issues at home.
The tool is ideal for solving several problems, such as iPhone stuck on recovery mode, white Apple logo, disabled screen, and more, including volume keys not functioning. The unique nature of the tool is the ability to resolve the problem without any data loss or corrupting the device. The software allows you to choose between standard mode and advanced mode for fixing the issues. Therefore, depending on the requirement, you can select either of the mode to solve the problem.
Characteristics of TunesKit iOS System Recovery:
- Fix iPhone volume keeps going down without data loss
- Repair different tvOS/iOS issues by yourself
- Provide Standard Mode and Advanced Mode
- Easy to use with friendly interface
The following is the guide that will help you fix the iPhone volume keeps going down problem using the standard mode.
Step 1: Download and install TunesKit.Before launching the software, establish a connection between the computer and the problematic iPhone using the USB cable. The software will detect the device automatically.Then click the Start button to proceed further.
Step 2: In the following screen, select the Standard Mode for repairing the device. Next, click the Next button.
Step 3: The software will ask you to download the latest firmware package. However, before proceeding, it will ask you to confirm the device details. Check for the details and click the Download button if the information is correct. If not, you can select the device and model manually.
Step 4: After a successful firmware download, click the Repair button. The iOS System Recovery software will fix the device automatically. Wait until the software completes the entire process.
The Bottom Line
The cause of the iPhone volume keeps going down is still a mystery. Nonetheless, the guide provided here helps you select the appropriate solution, which is TunesKit iOS System Recovery. You can use it to repair all issues of your iPhone without data loss and in a few simple steps.