How to Reset iPad Without Screen Time Passcode? 5 Solutions!
Screen Time Lock is used to record the usage time of apps or browsing time of websites, and it can manage usage time on apps and screens by setting a specific passcode. This can assist users to plan their time on social media apps or games and prevent people from becoming addicted to those apps, which is especially important for kids who lack the ability to control their time on these apps. But, some people have forgotten the passcode and cannot use their iPad normally. Others never set up Screen Time Lock, but were asked to enter the Screen Time Lock passcode when they tried to reset their iPad. How to reset iPad without Screen Time passcode? And how can we remove the screen time lock on iPad? This article shows you solutions to reset iPad without screen time passcode and remove screen time lock without password with no data loss.
- Part 1: How to reset iPad without Screen Time passcode?
- Part 2: Conclusion
Part 1: How to reset iPad without Screen Time passcode?
Changing the Screen Time passcode on your iPad is recommended first to you as it does not need a computer. If that fails to work, you can reset your iPad with iTunes, iCloud, and Find My. And if you want to fix the issue in an easier way and without data loss, a professional tool is also introduced to you in this post. The following are the detailed steps to reset iPad without Screen Time passcode of each method.
Method 1: Reset Screen Time passcode
Resetting a Screen Time passcode is the most direct way to unlock Screen Time Lock. Reset the passcode by logging in with your Apple ID, and you can then change your passcode or turn off Screen Time Lock. After that, there's no difficulty in resetting your iPad. The steps below show you how to change the Screen Time passcode and turn off Screen Time.
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPad and tap on Screen Time.
2. You can see Change Screen Time Passcode, tap on it.
3. Then you're required to enter the passcode, tap on Forgot Passcode, then enter your Apple ID and passcode. Now, you can set a new Screen Time passcode.
4. After changing your password, you can tap on Turn Off Screen Time, then you can factory reset your iPad with no Screen Time passcode.
Method 2: Restore iPad with iTunes
This method will erase all the settings and data on your iPad, so it's necessary to back up your iPad data with iCloud or iTunes. If you only want to remove Screen Time and not to reset iPad, Method 4 may be better for you. Here's how to factory reset iPad without Screen Time passcode with iTunes.
1. Download iTunes on your computer, then connect your iPad with a USB cable.
2. You need to turn your iPad into Recovery Mode so that you can start to fix your iPad.
iPad with Home Button: Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button. Wait for 10-15 seconds and you can see apple logo appearing. Then Recovery Mode appears.
iPad without Home Button: Press and release Volume Up > Press and release Volume Down > Hold Power Button until Recovery Mode appears.
3. Launch iTunes. Find Device on the interface, then click on Summary. You can see Restore iPad on the right of the interface, tap on it to restore your iPad. After restoring, shutdown your iPad and reboot again.
Method 3: Reset your iPad via iCloud
If Find My on your iPad was enabled, you can reset your iPad via iCloud. You can factory reset your iPad even if you are far away from your device with this method. You need to check if the Apple ID you sign into is the same one on your iPad. If it's not the same, all you do will be in vain. The following are the steps to erase your iPad from iCloud.
1. Go to iCloud.com, and sign into the right Apple ID and password.
2. You can see all your devices in this account in All Devices. Click your iPad, then you can see Erase iPad, click on it.
Method 4: Erase iPad with Find My app
This method is quite similar to method 3, but it does not require a computer. You can use iPhone or iPad which is installed with Find My app. Here's how to reset iPad without screen time passcode with Find My.
1. Open Find My.
2. Tap on Devices and you can see all your devices, then tap on iPad you want to reset. Scroll down then tap on Erase This Device.
Method 5: Remove Screen Time passcode with TunesKit iPhone Unlocker [No Data Loss]
Are the above methods too hard for you to figure out? A tool with easy-to-understand steps and a high success rate is recommended for you. It can help you remove Screen Time passcode without data loss!
TunesKit iPhone Unlocker specializes in unlocking different types of locks on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, such as 4/6 digit password lock, Face ID, Touch ID, MDM Lock, Screen Time Lock. It can bypass Apple ID without data loss. You can fix a disabled, broken, or unresponsive device with the TunesKit iPhone Unlocker. It's a practical tool for you to fix the issues with various scenarios, such as Apple ID does not exist, iPhone screen is unavailable, removing lightspeed MDM profile, factory reset ipad without screen time passcode and more. All the iPad models are compatible with TunesKit iPhone Unlocker and the device installed with the latest iOS 16 is also supported. It has gained so much appreciation from consumers because of its simple interface and easy-to-understand steps. If you are bothered by the many complicated steps and low success rate of other methods, this tool is worth trying.
Key Features of TunesKit iPhone Unlocker
- Unlock Apple ID with simple steps
- Bypass Screen Time Passcode & MDM Lock
- Remove 4/6 digit passcode, Face ID, Touch ID
- Easy steps & High sucess rate
- The latest iOS 16 is supported
Here's how to remove the Screen Time passcode with TunesKit. It only comes with several easy steps to fix the issue and without data loss.
Step 1Connect your iPad
Launch the TunesKit iPhone Unlocker on your computer, then use a USB cable to connect your iPad, making sure the connection stays in place until you complete all of the processes. Choose Unlock Screen Time Passcode then click Start fix your iPad.
Step 2Start to remove
Click Start to begin removing Screen Time passcode on your iPad. After finishing, reboot your iPad, then set up your iPad again. Do not select Transfer Apps & Data while setting and go to tap on Set Up Later in Settings.
Part 2: Conclusion
In short, in order to factory reset iPad without Screen Time passcode, you have to remove Screen Time first. It's better to back up your data when you reset your iPad. TunesKit iPhone Unlocker is recommended to remove Screen Time password due to its easy steps and high success rate. Hope that you can learn some methods to fix the issues in this post.