Top 5 Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
Among various apps, Instagram is no doubt one of the most fashionable apps. As a photo and video sharing and social media platform, Instagram has enriched people's life. Due to the property of the app, there are many Instagram messages such as chats, videos, photos or stories stored in the app. But users may inadvertently delete their Instagram messages. And they tend to ask: Is there a way to recover deleted Instagram messages. Of course, you can. Moreover, what you can get is more than one way. Here, after reading this tutorial, you will get the 5 best ways.
- Way 1: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from Instagram Website
- Way 2: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages by TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery
- Way 3: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from iTunes Backup
- Way 4: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from iCloud Backup
- Way 5: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages via Online Tool
- Wrapping up
Way 1: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from Instagram Website
In the case that finding deleted messages from the device is difficult for you, you can resort to the official Instagram website. Factually, the deleted messages are still stored in the Instagram server. To recover deleted Instagram messages from Instagram, refer to the following steps.
• Visit and open the Instagram website on your computer. Then log in with your Instagram account from the top right corner of the browser screen;
• Now go to your profile by clicking the Profile icon. Then, click the gear icon meaning settings;
• When a pop-up window occurs, click Privacy and Security;
• Then, scroll down to choose Data Download and then Request Download. The screen will ask for verification. You need to click Log in Again to enter your account;
• Next, you will need to type in your email address to receive the link to download the file. If done, click Next. Then, enter your Instagram password again and click Request Download;
• Last, go to your email. When you find an email about Instagram, click Download Data shown. After downloading, unzip the file downloaded and find messages.json file. Open the file with a text editor and you will see the deleted messages you received, sent or made comments will be recovered.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages by TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery
Apart from accidentally deleting Instagram messages, the messages were lost automatically and what can I do to recover Instagram messages. TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery will be the right tool for you.
TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery is a powerful data recovery tool for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. The data it can find for you include photos, text messages, call history, etc. Even if the device is locked, disabled or broken, TunesKit can help you to recover deleted or lost data. Unlike other tools, it works fine with a fast processing speed. Within several minutes, TunesKit can recover deleted Instagram messages on iPhone. All in all, it is a safe bet for you.
Key Features of TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery
- Recover data from different iOS device like iPhone,iPad and iPod.
- Retrieve data under various scenarios including mistaken deletion and software update failure.
- Restore diverse types of data like Instagram messages, videos, photos, etc.
- Fully compatible with all iOS versions including the latest iOS 16.
- Rescue encrypted files.
- Support Previewing and selecting required data before recovery.
In this part, we will tell you how to use TunesKit to recover deleted messages.
Step 1: First of all, launch TunesKit on your computer. Then, connect your device to the PC with a USB cable. After this, choose the Recover from iDevice icon from the top of the screen.
Step 2: Second, click Scan shown on the interface which also displays all types of files. Wait for a while, TunesKit iPhone Recovery will scan the Instagram messages you want to recover.
Step 3: Last, after the scan process finishes, the data including the deleted Instagram messages will be shown. Now, you can preview the messages shown and then select all or parts of the messages. Then, click Recover to get the messages back to your iPhone.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from iTunes Backup
If you are accustomed to backing up your iPhone data to iTunes, you can ask help from iTunes on your computer to recover deleted Instagram messages. The detailed steps are as follows.
• Open and launch the latest version of iTunes or Finder on your computer, and connect your device via a USB cable;
• After the device is detected, choose the device icon or Summary. On the page shown, select the Restore Backup button. If iTunes asks for a password, just enter it. Then, click Restore to wait for iTunes to get back your messages.
Note: TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery can also recover the messages by its own iTunes mode. What is different from iDevice mode mentioned before is that you need to choose Restore from iTunes. Then, go to Scan and Preview.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages from iCloud Backup
Just like iTunes backup, you can also choose to recover deleted Instagram messages from the official iCloud. But you should confirm that you have a recent backup.
• Before recovering your messages from iCloud, you should erase all your content and settings from Settings;
• Then, turn on your device, and you will see the Apps & Data screen. Tap Restore from iCloud Backup from the screen. Now, you will need to sign in with the Apple ID and then choose Back up. Wait for the device to retrieve messages from iCloud.
Note: TunesKiit also embraces another mode, which is called iCloud Backup. What you only to do is to choose Recover from iCloud Backup icon, sign in with the iCloud account, scan and recover deleted Instagram messages. Do not worry that TunesKit will not infringe on your data.
Way 5: Recover Deleted Instagram Messages via Online Tool
There is a final tool for you. It is called Instagram Message Recovery, an online website to recover deleted Instagram messages. If you trust the online tool, you can try it. Just follow the steps below.
• Visit its website and enter your username or profile URL;
• After logging in, click on the Recover Messages button. Next, the website will ask you to make verification to prove that you are a human.
All five methods are effective enough to be a guide on how to recover deleted Instagram messages Of course, they have advantages and disadvantages. For example, using online tools may be risky and complex. But TunesKit iPhone Data Recovery is trustworthy and reliable. And it is never detrimental to use TunesKit.