August 25, 2014 - As the most important TV ceremony in US, the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (Emmys 2014) finally came to an end at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Among the big winners announced in this year's Emmy Awards, Breaking Bad and Modern Family won top honors for Drama Series and Comedy Series respectively. Now check out the complete winner list as below to see how well you've done in the prediction for the winners of Emmys 2014.
Emmys 2014: List of Winners
First of all, let's take a look at the winner list of top 6 most important awards in Emmys, including Drama Series, Comedy Series, Lead Actor in Drama Series, Lead Actress in Drama Series, Lead Actor in Comedy Series, and Lead Actress in Comedy Series.
Drama Series - "Breaking Bad"
Breaking Bad is an American crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. It's originally aired on the AMC network for five seasons, from January 20, 2008 to September 29, 2013.
This show is widely regarded as one of the greatest TV series of all time. By its end, Breaking Bad was among the most-watched cable shows on American television. Before the Emmys 2014, it has already received twelve Primetime Emmy Awards.
Lead Actor in Drama Series - Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
Bryan Lee Cranston, best known for Walter White in the AMC crime drama series Breaking Bad from 2008 to 2013, is an American actor, voice actor, screenwriter, director, and producer.
For Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston has already won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in Drama Series four times, including three consecutive wins. Besides, he also won two Emmy Outstanding Drama Series Awards after becoming one of the producers of Breaking Bad.
Lead Actress in Drama Series - Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"
As an American actress and producer, Julianna Margulies firstly achieved both critical and commercial success in her role as Nurse Carol Hathaway on NBC's long-running medical drama ER, for which she won her first Emmy Award as Outstanding Lead Actress in Drama Series in 2011.
For The Good Wife, Julianna Margulies has won three career Emmy and two Lead Actress in Drama Series of Emmy Awards. Besides that, she also won a Golden Globe and a Television Critics Association Award because of the outstanding performance in The Good Wife.
Comedy Series - "Modern Family"
Modern Family is an American television sitcom that debuted on ABC on September 23, 2009. This show was renewed for its sixth season on May 8, 2014 and will premiere on September 24, 2014.
So far, Modern Family has won many Emmy awards, including the Outstanding Comedy Series in each of the past five years and the Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in Comedy Series four times as well as the Outstanding Supporting Actress in Comedy Series twice.
Lead Actor in Comedy Series - Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"
Jim Parsons, best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, won his fourth Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in Comedy Series after the seventh Emmy nomination for his work in The Big Bang Theory at Emmys 2014.
Parsons is also up for another award at the 2014 Emmys, that is, Best Supporting Actor in TV Movie or Miniseries, for his work in HBO's The Normal Heart. In addition to the Emmy Awards, he also received several awards including Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series Musical or Comedy and so on.
Lead Actress in Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"
Julia Louis Dreyfus, known as "Veep" star since 2012, is an American actress, comedian and producer. She has been credited as one of the most nominated actresses in the history of the Emmy Awards with 18 Emmy nominations.
At the 66th Emmy Awards 2014, Julia Louis Dreyfus won her third consecutive Emmy awards as Outstanding Lead Actress in Comedy Series with no surprise.
Besides, she has also received six Screen Actors Guild Awards, five American Comedy Awards and two Critics' Choice Television Awards.
Complete Winners List of 66th Emmy Awards
Besides that, we've put together the full list of 2014 Emmy Awards winners for your reference.
- Drama Series - "Breaking Bad"
- Comedy Series - "Modern Family"
- Lead Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
- Lead Actress in a Drama Series - Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"
- Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Aaron Paul, "Breaking Bad"
- Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Anna Gunn, "Breaking Bad"
- Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"
- Lead Actress in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"
- Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Ty Burrell, "Modern Family"
- Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Allison Janney, "Mom"
- Writing for a Comedy Series - Louis C.K., "Louie"
- Writing for a Drama Series - Moira Walley-Beckett, "Breaking Bad"
- Directing for a Comedy Series - Gail Mancuso, "Modern Family"
- Directing for a Drama Series - Cary Joji Fukunaga, "True Detective"
- Reality Competition Program - "The Amazing Race"
- Miniseries - "Fargo"
- Television Movie - "The Normal Heart"
- Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie - Benedict Cumberbatch, "Sherlock: His Last Vow"
- Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie - Jessica Lange, "American Horror Story: Coven"
- Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie - Kathy Bates, "American Horror Story: Coven"
- Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie - Martin Freeman, "Sherlock: His Last Vow"
- Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special - Steven Moffat, "Sherlock: His Last Vow"
- Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special - Colin Busksey, "Fargo"
- Variety Series - "The Colbert Report"
- Writing for a Variety Special - Sarah Silverman, "We Are Miracles"
- Directing for a Variety Series - Glenn Weiss, "The 67th Annual Tony Awards"
Download Emmys 2014 Winner TV Episodes from iTunes
Now all the 2014 Emmy Awards winners are available for downloading in online media store, like iTunes. You can find those episodes in the section of TV Shows in iTunes. But one thing to note is that TV episodes sold from iTunes are locked by Apple's FairPlay DRM protection, which restricts you from watching those winner shows on other media players except Apple's. For people who don't own Apple devices and would like to play the Emmys 2014 winners TV episodes on non-Apple-approved ones, you'll need to remove the DRM from those TV shows before importing them into any digital media playing devices for watching.
At this moment, TunesKit iTunes DRM Video Converter for Mac will be the best assistant to help you bypass FairPlay DRM from 66th Emmy Awards winners purchased or rented on iTunes and convert them to unprotected MP4 format so that you can freely enjoy the Emmys 2014 winner TV episodes on most popular mobile devices, such as Samsung Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Kindle Fire, etc.
Matt Smith is an amateur writer engaged in Tuneskit in 2013. He is a movie lover who write a lot of movie reviews for many websites and blogs.