Can We Watch the iTunes Movies via Plex Media Software Directly?
Q: I want to convert the iTunes video files to DRM-free so I can load them onto my BSD Unix server, running Plex Server software, and play them on my Samsung Smart TV or through my DLNA-compatible Sony DVD players anywhere on my home network, instead of just on my Apple devices. Is it possible do this directly?- From Rod Hutson
Generally speaking, we can't play the iTunes purchased or rented video files with any other media players or mobile devices except Apple's. All iTunes videos are DRM protected and encoded as M4V format, which is also the factor that many media players can't support iTunes video playing. So to watch the iTunes DRMed M4V videos via Plex Media server, we have to remove the DRM protection at first and convert DRMed M4V videos to unprotected MP4 format. For Mac users, TunesKit iTunes Media Converter is the best choice.
What's Plex Media Software (Plex Media Server)?
Plex Media Player Software: Plex is a media player system and software suite consisting of many player applications for 10-foot user interfaces. People can use Plex organize their photos, musics and videos in their personal media library and stream all digital content to their mobile devices. Plex Media Player software supports a wide range of media formats and all popular mobile devices. It supports playing most audio and video files, as well as some image files from various source. It can decode high definition video up to 1080P, and 10-bit H.264 sources.
Plex Media Server: Plex Media Server is usually used to host the content and plugins to stream these content to Plex home theater or Plex mobile apps. It's also available on Linux OS, Mac OS, Windows OS. Plex Media Server can be configured to index content in any directory on the machine it is run on, as well as automatically acquiring iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture content.
- Developer(s): Plex, Inc.
- Stable release: 0.9.9.12 (server) / June 17, 2014; 38 days ago
- Operating System: Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone
- Type: Media server, media player
- License: Freemium
Stream iTunes DRMed Movies With Plex Media Server on Mac OS X
With TunesKit iTunes DRM Removal software, you can easily play the iTunes DRMed M4V videos on Plex Media player software or stream iTunes DRMed M4V videos to other devices or big screen TV, like Samsung Smart TV mentioned above.
TunesKit for Mac is a featured product developed by TunesKit developer team. It was specially designed to help Mac users strip iTunes DRM protection from iTunes purchased and rented movies, and convert iTunes DRM M4V videos to MP4 format losslessly. What makes TunesKit DRM Removal application stand out from other similar apps?
- * TunesKit can deal with both iTunes purchased movies and rental movies
- * Convert DRM M4V videos to universal MP4 format to fit almost all mobile devices and media players.
- * 100% preserved original quality, including the subtitles, audio tracks and AC3 5.1 audio track
- * Works in an unbelievable fast speed. eg. it only takes less than 10 minutes to convert a 3.6G video.
Steps of how to play iTunes movies with Plex Media Player software
Step 1. Download and Install TunesKit
Install TunesKit iTunes DRM Removal for Mac on your Mac computer which should run at least Mac OS X 10.8. And to use this software successfully, you should install the newest iTunes.
Step 2. Import iTunes movies to TunesKit
Click "Add Files" button to import iTunes M4V movies to TunesKit; Or you can also drag and drop the M4V movies to TunesKit directly.
Step 3. Crack iTunes DRM Protection With TunesKit
Click "Convert" button to start iTunes DRM removing.
After conversion done, you can find the output MP4 video under the "Converted" tab. It's DRM free and compatible with any mobile devices and media player software. Import this MP4 video into Plex Media player, you will get the HD quality as the source video's. And you can also stream the MP4 video via Plex Media server everywhere you want.
- What is DRM & How DRM Works
- Top iTunes DRM Removal Software Reviews
- Edit iTunes DRM Videos With FCP on Mac OS X
- How to Play iTunes Purchased and Rented Movies/TV Shows on Roku 3
- How to Stream iTunes Movies to ChromeCast via Mac
- How to Import iTunes Movies to iMovie
- How to play iTunes movies on XBMC
- How to Stream iTunes movies/TVshows to Sony Bravia TV/Smart TV easily?